Kokeshi Felt Doll
Saturday, November 29, 2014
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

So lately I've been exploring Japanese crafts, etc. There is SOOOOO much out there, makes me think they are the most creative people around.

Here is my attempt at a kokeshi felt doll. They are traditionally made of wood...I'll try painting those one day. But right now just wanted to try this. It's also my first felt doll!! I had a blast making it.


I first just drew out the pattern I wanted, because I couldn't find any that fit my idea. Most felt dolls have a felt dress attached, I wanted mine separate. I think it turned out pretty good. It's only 6 inches tall.

I gifted it to my niece who was happy enough to receive it.

Image taken from here

Most of it is done using a 'blanket stitch'. It's quite simple. You can youtube tutorials. This is one of the best pics I found.

Would lot to hear what others are working on? or if any of you have tried making a felt doll?

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 5:15 PM | Permalink


3 Comments:


At 8:27 PM, Blogger Farzeen

Assalaamu'alaykum

She turned out very well! Looks like that arrangement was waiting for her :). It's nice and small for little hands.

 

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

As'salaamualaikum Farhana!

Guess who's back for a while in the blogging scene?? XD

The doll looks amazing! Your niece is really blessed to have such a cool auntie. :)

 

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam you two!!
Wonderful to hear from you both, and jazakum Allah khair for the lovely comments. I had a blast making her, so I'll be sure to post more..lol..

Hajar!! I'm happy, really...I'm joining you! Insha'Allah I should make a list of ppl I to visit once again in the blog world! Welcome back!

xx

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts